GHANA NEWS

‘Over 340,00 Ghanaians Tested Positive For HIV/AIDS In 2019’ – Ghana AIDS Commission Reveals

In a report by the Ghana News Agency, the Ghana Aids Commission (GAC) revealed that the total number of Ghanaians who tested positive for HIV/AIDS at the end of 2019 was 342,307.

This was contained in a fact sheet made available to the Ghana News Agency and out of the number, 122,321 representing 36 percent are men, while 219,986 representing 64 percent are women.

HIV/AIDS

Most of the people, thus a whopping 316,352 representing 92 percent were adults with the remaining 25,955 representing 8 percent being children tested positive for HIV/AIDS.

READ ALSO  'Medikal Is My Favourite Akonta, I Miss Him' – Wanlov Reveals

images

It was also revealed that the Bono Region had the highest regional adult prevalence rate of 2.66 percent with the North East Region having the lowest prevalence rate of 0.24 percent.

hiv aids basics landing fullsize

The number of sex workers who were reached with HIV prevention interventions was 43,705. A total of 1,926,981 people were tested and had received their results out of which 72,949 tested positive.

It stated that a total of 26,822,071 condoms were distributed at the end of 2019.

Back to top button