This is a Guide on How to Install GH COVID 19 Tracker App – The Government of Ghana GH COVID -19 Tracker App is the Ghanaians government initiative to fight coronavirus and its spread in the country.
The App launched with a concert on Monday April 13, 2020 is for the benefit of all Ghanaians and currently limited to Android users only since it’s only with an “.apk”.
To access the App for your Android Phone, Click here to download.
Check out the Guide on How to Install GH COVID 19 Tracker App Android Only
- Log on to ghcovid19.com, check “I accept Terms and Conditions” then click to download.
- Download file? – Tap Download when prompted and you should see the app file downloading on your device.
2. Once Download is complete, go to the destination folder and tap on the file(GHCOVID19.apk) to start installation. Tap Yes to Install when prompted.
4. When you click ‘INSTALL’ you may be prompted to allow installation from unknown sources if you haven’t done that already, do not fret, it is safe, at least that’s what the Government of Ghana says. If prompted, click on checkbox as shown below for Unknown Sources under Settings on your device to allow the installation.
5. You should see the app installing on your device, once installation of the app is complete, tap on ‘Open’ to launch the GHCOVID19 App. and start using it.
- Explore the features and share you thoughts with us in the comments.
Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia stated that the GH COVID 19 Tracker App is to enable individuals to access and provide basic information to contact tracers, to facilitate easy tracing, testing and treatment.
The Tracker will also aid health authorities to identify high risk communities and prioritise contact tracing and testing.
Check the below image on how the GH COVID 19 Tracker App Works;
Vice president added that the government is bent on devising strategies and procedures that can help fight the deadly disease and the launch of the app is crucial to the fight against coronavirus pandemic in the country.